Red Stocking Grandma--Thanks for the Open Call!
My first draft was lost to a power failure, so I'll be brief. I was looking for a place to write about books and reading.
Facebook wasn't it. I don't have the patience or intensity a blog with readers takes.
I have read a lot of books and I know something about how books appear on the shelves of bookstores and in libraries. I'd like to encourage people to try some writers--many of whom are dead.
I've learned a lot about Children's Literature--and I'd like to leave it lying around somewhere it might be useful.
I like reading on Open Salon. Some stuff is funny, really funny. Some stuff is hard to read. Some stuff makes no sense.
My Advice to newer members:
1. Write about stuff you know about. Give us a unique point of view on the issues of the day. Don't write what anyone can write. Tell us what you learned in your life. Tell us how hard it is to learn some lessons.
2. Photoshop is a lot of fun.
3. Old recipe cards--who knew that they could be entertaining?
4. Be Nice or Leave!
My first draft was lost to a power failure, so I'll be brief. I was looking for a place to write about books and reading.
Facebook wasn't it. I don't have the patience or intensity a blog with readers takes.
I have read a lot of books and I know something about how books appear on the shelves of bookstores and in libraries. I'd like to encourage people to try some writers--many of whom are dead.
I've learned a lot about Children's Literature--and I'd like to leave it lying around somewhere it might be useful.
I like reading on Open Salon. Some stuff is funny, really funny. Some stuff is hard to read. Some stuff makes no sense.
My Advice to newer members:
1. Write about stuff you know about. Give us a unique point of view on the issues of the day. Don't write what anyone can write. Tell us what you learned in your life. Tell us how hard it is to learn some lessons.
2. Photoshop is a lot of fun.
3. Old recipe cards--who knew that they could be entertaining?
4. Be Nice or Leave!
Comments
And thanks to you and your literary enthusiasm, I took Wodehouse's "The Code of the Woosters" out of the library today. See, you've already had an impact!
That would be an excellent push for those with writer's block.
Devon -- Thanks! I had writer's block for many many years.
Lucy! Children's books are so wonderful--not every one, but at least a few hundred!