Mine.
It’s been missing lately.

It didn’t happen when I became a feminist. I know I used to laugh very hard at Sylvia cartoons and Roseanne. Monty Python. SNL. The Daily Show. If I were to stalk anyone, it would be Lewis Black.
It didn’t happen when I got married. Watching my husband triumph over household hazards has been amusing more often than not.
It didn’t happen when I gave birth. I was very crabby for a while there, but the epidural took the edge off.
It didn’t happen when I moved to New Orleans.
Come to Louisiana where cock-fighting is still legal! Can you believe the Louisiana Tourist Board isn’t all over this one. (I think they went with Come to Louisiana--Leave without your kidney.)
It didn’t happen when Katrina hit. We came back, we hauled out 40,000 rotting refrigerators and left them on the sidewalk with commentary on the outside. We paraded in blue tarp plastic. We got a variety of tattoos in interesting places. We learned to say “Road Home” like it’s a bad thing.
It didn’t happen when I went back to work. It’s not often that the library staff gets shushed by patrons for laughing too loudly.
It didn’t happen when I moved to New Orleans. I used to enjoy the antics of our police, City Council, Mayors, Assessors, Congressmen, Governors, state legislators. And anytime I visit the federal prisons, I can see several of them. This year the legislature is saving iguanas from bad owners.
Our out-going mayor is a funny guy—just don’t ask about the Shadow Government. Or missing e-mails. Or IT contracts. Or trips to Hawaii. Garbage. Crime. Streets. Crime cameras. Statuary. Trumpet players. Credit Cards. Cuba. China. Australia. Bloggers. Maybe you can just ask him about his award . . . oh, maybe not.
I just wish I had my old sense of humor back.
By the way, confusing the Tea Party and Teabagging?
It’s only funny the first time.
a little Sylvia by Nicole Hollander

Maybe stalking Lewis Black would be a Bad Idea.


It’s been missing lately.
It didn’t happen when I became a feminist. I know I used to laugh very hard at Sylvia cartoons and Roseanne. Monty Python. SNL. The Daily Show. If I were to stalk anyone, it would be Lewis Black.
It didn’t happen when I got married. Watching my husband triumph over household hazards has been amusing more often than not.
It didn’t happen when I gave birth. I was very crabby for a while there, but the epidural took the edge off.
It didn’t happen when I moved to New Orleans.
Come to Louisiana where cock-fighting is still legal! Can you believe the Louisiana Tourist Board isn’t all over this one. (I think they went with Come to Louisiana--Leave without your kidney.)
It didn’t happen when Katrina hit. We came back, we hauled out 40,000 rotting refrigerators and left them on the sidewalk with commentary on the outside. We paraded in blue tarp plastic. We got a variety of tattoos in interesting places. We learned to say “Road Home” like it’s a bad thing.
It didn’t happen when I went back to work. It’s not often that the library staff gets shushed by patrons for laughing too loudly.
It didn’t happen when I moved to New Orleans. I used to enjoy the antics of our police, City Council, Mayors, Assessors, Congressmen, Governors, state legislators. And anytime I visit the federal prisons, I can see several of them. This year the legislature is saving iguanas from bad owners.
Our out-going mayor is a funny guy—just don’t ask about the Shadow Government. Or missing e-mails. Or IT contracts. Or trips to Hawaii. Garbage. Crime. Streets. Crime cameras. Statuary. Trumpet players. Credit Cards. Cuba. China. Australia. Bloggers. Maybe you can just ask him about his award . . . oh, maybe not.
I just wish I had my old sense of humor back.
By the way, confusing the Tea Party and Teabagging?
It’s only funny the first time.
a little Sylvia by Nicole Hollander
Have You Seen Me??
Comments
Face a mirror. Point at it. Shout "Turkey!" Five times in a row, don't hesitate, don't blink, just do it.
After that, eat an apple, preferably with just a touch of tea or wine and know that Eris has made you perfectly silly again.
I hope not. I already spent it, on drugs!! :D
Read Aunt Mabel more often.
But it will come home when it gets hungry! After all, it knows where your funny bone is.
One or all will leave you gasping for breath with laughter.
Unless you've heard them.
I garrontee!
You comments always make me smile. Particularly when you're being serious. ;)
Hang in there it always comes back.
I'd tell you a couple of jokes, but the only ones I know are filthy.
Just in case you are unfamiliar with the Andean Condor :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfzUzUe7dTo
A cop is walking down the street and he sees a flatbed truck come around a corner too fast, spilling a bunch of penguins in the street.
"What the hell are you doing," the cop yells at the reckless driver. He gives him a ticket and says "Take those penguins to the zoo!"
The driver gets all the penguins back on the truck, drives off and order is restored. A week later the cop is walking his beat again and sees the same truck, this time driving more slowly, and on the bed of the truck are the same penguins, this time wearing sunglasses.
"I thought I told you to take those penguins to the zoo!" the cop yells.
"I did," the driver says. "Now I'm taking them to the beach."
Suinez--My condor will poop on your head--this could be a T-shirt.
Thanks for the jokes, Con.
Lemonpulp: That image came from someone's blog. I am sure that there is a real woman who runs the company that makes those things on magnets, cards, etc. It's a good one.
Today I came really close to having a heart attack. I was so freaked by someone's evil little agenda (disguised as ethics), that I felt sick. But I just turned it over and went on with what I needed to do and make apologies to my poor boss. Sometimes she is right and I am a poopyhead. Today was one.