Tuesday, March 10, 2015


JANUARY 8, 2011 7:50AM

Turning 39--Again

RATE: 4 Flag
I don't know when I decided to stay 39 forever.  I think it was in this century.  
Jack Benny and Smothers Brothers TV stars with ties on
 Childhood memory:  My mother was SO MAD when I looked at her driver's license and tried to add up the years.  I was bad at math, so I was about 10 years off.
 I used to ask my mother about life in the Civil War.  Now my kids ask me.  Used to.  I hope that the gypsies are treating them well.
 Everytime I say it's too hot in here, someone looks at me like I'm Menopausal Mary.  But really, sometimes it IS too hot.
50th birthday cake Over the Hill Phil
 As I was saying,  oh, yeah, what was I saying????   What was I doing????  What was it needed to buy at the store???  Who was I supposed to call today????  My brain exists on my work Outlook calendar, task list, and my memory consists entirely of saved e-mails.
It's still 1997 isn't it?  And I really don't need to know what an RSS feed is, or wear jeggings.  I can keep my phone that isn't as smart as I am.  
And reading glasses are really really cool!    
OVer the Hill 40th ?!!!Why I stopped at 39

No comments:

Post a Comment